from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to the geometry of geodesics.
- adj. Of or relating to geodesy.
- n. The shortest line between two points on any mathematically defined surface.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the shortest line between two points on a specific surface
- adj. of or relating to geodesy
- adj. of or relating to a geodesic dome
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to geodesy; geodetic.
- adj. Made of lightweight structural supporting elements connected in a manner to provide great rigidity; -- of structures.
- n. A geodetic line or curve.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Same as geodetic
- n. A geodesic line.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. of or relating to or determined by geodesy
- n. (mathematics) the shortest line between two points on a mathematically defined surface (as a straight line on a plane or an arc of a great circle on a sphere)
From geodesy.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)