from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Archaic Twilight; gloaming.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. gloaming, twilight
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- intransitive v. To begin to grow dark; to grow dusky.
- intransitive v. To be sullen or morose.
- n. The twilight; gloaming.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The gloaming.
- To grow dark: as, it begins to gloam.
- 2. To be sullen; gloom.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the time of day immediately following sunset
Back-formation from gloaming.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)