from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Any of numerous chiefly North American plants of the genus Solidago, having clusters of small yellow flower heads that bloom in late summer or fall.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A tall-stemmed, plant with clusters of small yellow flowers.
- n. A golden-yellow colour, like that of the goldenrod plant.
- adj. Of a golden-yellow colour, like that of the goldenrod plant.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A tall herb (Solidago Virga-aurea), bearing small yellow flowers in a graceful elongated cluster. The name is common to all the species of the genus Solidago.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A plant of the genus Solidago, the species of which have numerous small golden heads: these in the original species, S. Virgaurea of Europe, are arranged in a wand-like spike. See Solidago.
- n. Same as gray goldenrod.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any of numerous chiefly summer-blooming and fall-blooming North American plants especially of the genus Solidago
Sorry, no etymologies found.