from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- v. A past participle of grave3.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. carved, engraved
- adj. Something fashioned by man, or something man-made. Anything made by man's hands.
- adj. Something that is not alive, but made dead, from the grave.
- v. Past participle of grave
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. Carved.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- A past participle of grave.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. cut or impressed into a surface
- adj. cut into a desired shape
Sorry, no etymologies found.