from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative form of Gypsy: a member of the Romani people.
- n. An itinerant person or any person suspected of making a living from dishonest practices or theft; a member of a nomadic people, not necessarily Romani; a carny.
- adj. Alternative form of Gypsy: of or belonging to the Romani people or one of it sub-groups (Roma, Sinti, Romanichel, etc).
- adj. Of or having the qualities of an itinerant person or group with qualities traditionally ascribed to Romani people; making a living from dishonest practices or theft etc.
- v. To roam around the country like a gypsy.
See Gypsy. Generic usage to refer to any itinerant person or person suspected of dishonest practices derives from traditional racist stereotypes of the Romani people. (Wiktionary)