from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- v. Past tense and past participle of have.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of have.
- v. Used to form the pluperfect tense, expressing a completed action in the past (+ past participle).
- v. As past subjunctive: ‘would have’.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- See have.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Preterit and past participle of have, and as an auxiliary making pluperfect tense-phrases.
- A variant of haud for hold.
Sorry, no etymologies found.