from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A grip of or by the hand.
- n. Something, such as a handle, that is suited to a grip by the hand.
- n. Hand-to-hand combat.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A handle.
- n. A covering (often rubber or foam) on a handle, designed to allow the user a more comfortable or more secure hold on the handle.
- n. A handshake; a way of gripping hands with another person.
- n. The ability of a person (or other animal with hands) to grip something with a hand.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the appendage to an object that is designed to be held in order to use or move it
hand + grip (Wiktionary)