from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The arched upper front part of a saddle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The front part of the saddle that is arched up like a bow.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The bow or arch in the front part of a saddle, or the pieces which form the front.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The raised front part of a saddle; hence, the front of a saddle in general; the part from which was often suspended a weapon, or the helmet, or other article requiring to be within easy reach.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. handgrip formed by the raised front part of a saddle
Sorry, no etymologies found.