from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any wheel worked by hand, whether used to allow leverage, as of a valve or a handbrake, or to allow fine adjustment, as of a setscrew.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Any wheel worked by hand; esp., one the rim of which serves as the handle by which a valve, car brake, or other part is adjusted.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A general term for one of many kinds of wheels or disks used in machinery as a convenient form of circular crank: as, the hand-wheel of a car-brake.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. control consisting of a wheel whose rim serves as the handle by which a part is operated
- n. a wheel worked by hand
Sorry, no etymologies found.