from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Overwhelming sorrow, grief, or disappointment. See Synonyms at regret.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. overwhelming mental anguish or grief, especially that caused by loss or disappointment
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Crushing sorrow or grief; a yielding to such grief.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Overwhelming sorrow or grief. Also heartbreaking.
- To break the heart of.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. intense sorrow caused by loss of a loved one (especially by death)
Sorry, no etymologies found.