from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of or relating to heralds or heraldry.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. of, or relating to heraldry or heralds
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to heralds or heraldry
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Pertaining to heralds or heraldry, and especially to that branch of heraldry which deals with armorial bearings: as, a heraldic lion; the heraldic representation of birds, beasts, etc.; heraldic blazonry.
- In herpetology, giving warning; monitory, as a lizard: as, the heraldic varan, Varanus or Monitor heraldicus, of India.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. indicative of or announcing something to come
- adj. of or relating to heraldry
herald + -ic (Wiktionary)