from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of hiccup.
- v. Alternative spelling of hiccup.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A modified respiratory movement; a spasmodic inspiration, consisting of a sudden contraction of the diaphragm, accompanied with closure of the glottis, so that further entrance of air is prevented, while the impulse of the column of air entering and striking upon the closed glottis produces a sound, or hiccough.
- intransitive v. To have a hiccough or hiccoughs.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. breathe spasmodically, and make a sound
- n. (usually plural) the state of having reflex spasms of the diaphragm accompanied by a rapid closure of the glottis producing an audible sound; sometimes a symptom of indigestion
Sorry, no etymologies found.