from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of hire.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. performing work for pay.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A body of retainers or courtiers; a court.
- Employed or engaged for regular or temporary use or service for rent, pay, or stated wages: as, a hired carriage; a hired girl; a hired man.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. hired for the exclusive temporary use of a group of travelers
- adj. having services engaged for a fee
Sorry, no etymologies found.