from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To rent (property one holds by lease) to another.
- transitive v. To subcontract (work).
- n. Property, especially an apartment, rented by a tenant to another party.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To lease or rent all or part of (a property) (to another person).
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of sublet.
- n. Property leased by one lessee to another.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To underlet; to lease, as when a lessee leases to another person.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To underlet; let to another person, the party letting being himself lessee or tenant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. lease or rent all or part of (a leased or rented property) to another person
- n. a lease from one lessee to another
sub- + let (Wiktionary)