from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Philosophy An adherent of the doctrine of illusionism.
- n. An artist whose work is marked by illusionism.
- n. A magician or ventriloquist.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who works with illusion or sleight of hand.
- n. One who deceives by magical or mystical means.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One given to illusion; a visionary dreamer.
- n. A magician or conjurer who produces illusions by sleight of hand; a prestidigitator.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who is subject to illusion; one who trusts in illusions.
- n. One who produces illusions for deception or entertainment; specifically, a sleight-of-hand performer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who performs magic tricks to amuse an audience
- n. a person with unusual powers of foresight
Sorry, no etymologies found.