from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A nook or corner beside an open fireplace.
- n. A bench, especially either of two facing benches, placed in a nook or corner beside a fireplace.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A corner or nook beside an open fireplace.
- n. A bench or seat placed in a fireplace inglenook.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a corner by a fireplace
ingle + nook.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
ingle + nook. (Wiktionary)