from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the state of being insistent
- n. an urgent demand
- n. The forcing of an attack through the parry, using strength
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The quality of insisting, or being urgent or pressing; the act of dwelling upon as of special importance; persistence; urgency.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of insisting; urgent or persistent maintenance of an opinion, principle, right, or the like; perseverance in pressing or supporting anything.
- n. Persevering action; demonstrative persistence; pertinacity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the state of demanding notice or attention
- n. continual and persistent demands
- n. the act of insisting on something
Sorry, no etymologies found.