from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The act or ritual of interring or burying.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The act of burying a dead body; burial.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or ceremony of depositing a dead body in the earth; burial; sepulture; inhumation.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act of interring or depositing in the earth; burial; sepulture.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the ritual placing of a corpse in a grave
Noun form of inter (Wiktionary)