from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Corruption among public officials.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The improper or corrupt act or conduct of public or official business for the sake of private gain.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The act or practice of jobbing.
- n. Underhand management; official corruption.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The act or practice of jobbing; unfair and underhand means used to procure some private end; specifically, the act of perverting public service to private gain.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. corruptness among public officials
From job1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)