from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Deception by trickery or sophistry.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Deception by use of trickery, quibbling, or subterfuge.
- n. A slick performance by a lawyer.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Mean or unfair artifice to perplex a cause and obscure the truth; stratagem; sharp practice; sophistry.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Chicane; mean or petty artifices; trickery; sophistry.
- n. Synonyms Quibbling, stratagem, duplicity.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the use of tricks to deceive someone (usually to extract money from them)
From French chicanerie ("trickery"), from chicaner. (Wiktionary)