from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Something given or kept; a memento.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Some object given by a person and retained in memory of something or someone; something kept for sentimental or nostalgic reasons.
- n. Specifically, a type of literary album popular in the nineteenth-century, containing scraps of poetry and prose, and engravings.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Anything kept, or given to be kept, for the sake of the giver; a token of friendship.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Anything kept or given to be kept for the sake of the giver; a token of friendship. The word was used as the title of some of the holiday gift-books formerly published annually. See annual, n., 4.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. something of sentimental value
From keep + sake. (Wiktionary)