from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A token of remembrance; a memento.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An item of sentimental value, to remember an event or location.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. That which serves as a reminder; a remembrancer; a memento; a keepsake.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That which reminds one, or revives one's recollection, of an event, a person, a place, etc.; a remembrancer; a reminder; a keepsake: as, a souvenir of Mount Vernon; a souvenir of a marriage or a visit.
- n. Synonyms Memento, etc. See memorial.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a reminder of past events
- n. something of sentimental value
French, from Old French, to recall, memory, from Latin subvenīre, to come to mind : sub-, sub- + venīre, to come; see gwā- in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From French souvenir. (Wiktionary)