from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who makes excessive profits on goods in short supply.
- intransitive v. To make excessive profits on goods in short supply.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who makes an unreasonable profit not justified by cost or risk.
- v. To make an unreasonable profit not justified by cost or risk.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. someone who makes excessive profit (especially on goods in short supply)
- v. make an unreasonable profit, as on the sale of difficult to obtain goods
From profit + -eer (Wiktionary)