from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A person who commits crimes such as extortion, loansharking, bribery, and obstruction of justice in furtherance of illegal business activities.
- intransitive v. To carry on illegal business activities that involve crimes.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. one who commits crimes (especially fraud, bribery, loansharking, extortion etc.) to aid in running a shady or illegal business.
- n. one who instigates or has involvement with a racket.
- v. to carry out illegal business activities or criminal schemes.
- v. to commit crimes systematically as part of a criminal organization.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. carry on illegal business activities involving crime
- n. someone who commits crimes for profit (especially one who obtains money by fraud or extortion)
From racket + -eer (Wiktionary)