from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of an organized group of criminals; a racketeer.
- n. A member of a gang of delinquents.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A member of a criminal or street gang.
- n. A member of a professional criminal organization; a racketeer.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a criminal who is a member of gang
Circa 1895, gang + -ster. (Wiktionary)