from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A chewy cookie made with sugar, egg whites, and almond paste or coconut.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A soft biscuit or cookie prepared with almond or coconut dough.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small cake, composed chiefly of the white of eggs, almonds or coconut, and sugar.
- n. A finical fellow, or macaroni.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small sweet cake, made of sweet-almond meal instead of wheaten flour, and white of eggs.
- n. A droll; a buffoon. A finical fellow; a fop; an exquisite. Compare macaroni, 3.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. chewy cookie usually containing almond paste
French macaron, from Italian dialectal maccarone, dumpling, macaroni.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)