from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To lead or guide in the wrong direction; lead astray.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To guide poorly or incorrectly.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To guide wrongly; to lead astray.
- n. Misguidance; error.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To guide erroneously; give a wrong direction to; lead astray in action or thought.
- To ill-use; maltreat.
- Synonyms To mislead, misdirect.
- n. Misguidance; guidance into error; hence, trespass; error; sin.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. give bad advice to
- v. lead someone in the wrong direction or give someone wrong directions
mis- + guide (Wiktionary)