from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The 12th letter of the Greek alphabet. See Table at alphabet.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The 12th letter of the Modern Greek alphabet.
- n. The name of a mythical floating island.
- interj. Neither yes nor no.
- n. A unit of surface area, currently equivalent to 666 and 2/3 meters squared.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The 12th letter of the Greek alphabet (μ, Μ).
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The Greek letter
μ, corresponding to the English masculine
- n. The Greek letter M.
μ (μῦ, earlier μῶ), corresponding to the English M, m. See M and mem.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the 12th letter of the Greek alphabet
Greek, of Phoenician origin; see my2 in Semitic roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Ancient Greek letter μ. (Wiktionary)
From Japanese 無 (mu, "nothing, neither yes nor no") (Wiktionary)
From Mandarin 畝 (simplified: 亩) (mǔ) (Wiktionary)