from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal A sticky wet viscous substance.
- n. Informal Sentimental drivel.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An example of baby talk.
- v. To produce baby talk.
- n. Any semi-solid or liquid substance; especially one that is sticky, gummy or slippery; frequently of vague or unknown composition, or a bodily fluid.
- n. Excessive, showy sentimentality
- v. To apply goo to something.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. any thick, viscous matter
Perhaps short for burgoo.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
American English, known since 1903, probably from burgoo ("thick porridge") (1787), possibly an alteration of glue. (Wiktionary)