from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Chiefly Southern, Midland, & Western U.S. Sour, curdled milk. Also called regionally thick milk.
- transitive v. To curdle.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. sour or curdled milk
- n. wet clay or mud
- v. to sour or curdle milk
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Milk curdled so as to become thick.
- intransitive v. To become clabber; to lopper.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Same as bonnyclabber.
- To become thick in the process of souring: said of milk.
- n. Idle or noisy talk; jabber.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. raw milk that has soured and thickened
- v. turn into curds
Short for bonnyclabber.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Goidelic clàbar or Irish clábar ("mud"). (Wiktionary)