from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Having or bearing no name: nameless stars.
- adj. Unknown by name; obscure: the nameless dead.
- adj. Not designated by name; anonymous: a nameless benefactor.
- adj. Defying description; inexpressible: nameless horror.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Not having a name; unnamed.
- adj. Whose name is unknown; unidentified or obscure.
- adj. anonymous
- adj. Unable to be described or expressed.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Without a name; not having been given a name.
- adj. Undistinguished; not noted or famous.
- adj. Not known or mentioned by name; anonymous.
- adj. Unnamable; indescribable; inexpressible.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Without a name; not distinguished by an appellation: as, a nameless star.
- Not known to fame; obscure; ignoble; without pedigree or repute.
- That cannot or should not be named: as, nameless crimes.
- Inexpressible; indescribable; that cannot be specified or defined.
- Anonymous: as, a nameless poet; a nameless artist.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. being or having an unknown or unnamed source
name + -less (Wiktionary)