from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The band around the collar of a garment.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A band worn around the neck
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A band which goes around the neck; often, the part at the top of a garment.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A gorget.
- n. The part of a shirt which encircles the neck; the band to which the collar is sewed, or to which a separate collar is buttoned.
- n. Same as neck-cord.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a band around the collar of a garment
- n. necklace that fits tightly around a woman's neck
- n. a band that fits around the neck and is usually folded over
Sorry, no etymologies found.