from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A loose-fitting garment consisting of trousers and a jacket, worn for sleeping or lounging. Often used in the plural.
- n. Loose-fitting trousers worn in the Far East by men and women. Often used in the plural.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Attributive form of pajamas
- n. A pair of pajamas.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a pair of loose trousers tied by a drawstring around the waist; worn by men and women in some Asian countries
- n. (usually plural) loose-fitting nightclothes worn for sleeping or lounging; have a jacket top and trousers
Hindi pāijāma, loose-fitting trousers : Persian pāī, leg (from Middle Persian; see ped- in Indo-European roots) + Persian jāmah, garment.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)