from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A very thin stripe, especially on a fabric.
- n. A fabric with very thin stripes, often used for suits.
- n. A suit made of such fabric. Often used in the plural.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A very thin stripe on a fabric
- n. Such a fabric
- n. A suit made of such fabric
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a fabric with very thin stripes
- n. a very thin stripe (especially a white stripe on a dark fabric)
- n. a suit made from a fabric with very thin stripes
Sorry, no etymologies found.