from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small knob or lump.
- v. To beat or bruise with the fist.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To beat or bruise with the fist.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A nub. The name nubble is applied to a rocky promontory on the coast of Maine, at York.
- To beat or bruise with the fist.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a small lump or protuberance
Compare Low German nubben to knock, cuff. (Wiktionary)