from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The branch of anatomy that deals with the structure and function of bones.
- n. The bone structure or system of an animal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the scientific study of the morphology and pathology of bones
- n. the bone structure of a particular individual, or species
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The science which treats of the bones of the vertebrate skeleton.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. That branch of anatomy which treats of bone or of bones.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the branch of anatomy that studies the bones of the vertebrate skeleton
osteo- + -logy (Wiktionary)