from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To fill (something) to overflowing.
- intransitive v. To become too full.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To fill beyond capacity or beyond what is appropriate.
- n. An instance of overfilling.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To fill to excess; to surcharge.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To fill to excess; surcharge.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. fill beyond capacity
From Middle English *overfillen, oferfüllen, from Old English oferfyllan ("to cram, overfill"), equivalent to over- + fill. Cognate with Middle Low German overfullen, German überfüllen, Danish overfylde, Swedish överfylla. (Wiktionary)