from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An excessive dose, especially of a narcotic.
- intransitive v. To take an overdose.
- transitive v. To administer too large a dose or too many doses to.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An excessive and dangerous dose of a drug.
- v. To dose excessively, to take an overdose.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To dose to excess; to give an overdose, or too many doses, to.
- n. Too great a dose; an excessive dose.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An excessive dose.
- To dose excessively.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. dose too heavily
Sorry, no etymologies found.