from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A liquid or liquid mixture, especially one that is medicinal, poisonous, or magical.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small portion or dose of a liquid which is medicinal, poisonous, or magical.
- v. To drug.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A draught; a dose; usually, a draught or dose of a liquid medicine.
- transitive v. To drug.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A drink; a draught; especially, a liquid medicine.
- To drug.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a medicinal or magical or poisonous beverage
Middle English pocion, from Old French, from Latin pōtiō, pōtiōn-.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Middle English pocion, from Latin pōtiō ("a drinking"), potionis, from pōtāre ("to drink"). (Wiktionary)