from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Suitable or fit for drinking; potable: drinkable water.
- n. A beverage.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Safe to drink.
- adj. Of good or satisfactory quality.
- n. That which can be drunk.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Capable of being drunk; suitable for drink; potable. Macaulay. Also used substantively, esp. in the plural.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- That may be drunk; fit or suitable for drinking; potable.
- n. A liquor that may be drunk.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. suitable for drinking
- n. any liquid suitable for drinking
drink + -able (Wiktionary)