from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A pear-shaped goblet with a narrow top, used especially in serving brandy.
- n. Slang A small portion of liquor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small alcoholic drink.
- n. A pear-shaped glass for drinking brandy or other alcoholic beverages.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To sniff; snift.
- n. An audible passing of the breath through the nostrils; a sniff.
- n. plural The stoppage of the nostrils in catarrh.
- n. A dram; a nip.
- n. A severe storm; a blizzard.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a globular glass with a small top; used for serving brandy
From Middle English snifteren, to sniff, perhaps of Scandinavian origin.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)