from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small cup used with a saucer for serving tea.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a small cup, with a handle, used for drinking tea; normally sits in a saucer as part of a tea set
- n. a unit of measure; a teacupful
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small cup from which to drink tea.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A cup in which tea is served.
- n. A teacupful: as, a tea-cup of flour.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. as much as a teacup will hold
- n. a cup from which tea is drunk
Sorry, no etymologies found.