from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Love of and devotion to one's country.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. love of country; devotion to the welfare of one's compatriots; the virtues and actions of a patriot; the passion which inspires one to serve one's country
- n. the desire to compete with other nations; nationalism
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Love of country; devotion to the welfare of one's country; the virtues and actions of a patriot; the passion which inspires one to serve one's country.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Love of one's country; the passion which moves a person to serve his country, either in defending it from invasion or in protecting its rights and maintaining its laws and institutions.
- n. Love of country embodied or personified; patriots collectively.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. love of country and willingness to sacrifice for it
From patriot + -ism (Wiktionary)