from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Extreme nationalism characterized especially by a belligerent foreign policy; chauvinistic patriotism.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Excessive patriotism or aggressive nationalism especially with regards to foreign policy.
- n. A jingoistic attitude, comment, etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The policy of the Jingoes, so called. See jingo, 2.
- n. A bellicose patriotism; aggressive chauvinism; belligerence in international relations.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The spirit, policy, or political views of the Jingoes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an appeal intended to arouse patriotic emotions
- n. fanatical patriotism
jingo + -ism (Wiktionary)