from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To be present throughout; permeate. See Synonyms at charge.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To be in every part of; to spread through
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To pass or flow through, as an aperture, pore, or interstice; to permeate.
- transitive v. To pass or spread through the whole extent of; to be diffused throughout.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To pass or flow through; penetrate; permeate.
- To extend throughout; spread or be spread through the whole extent of; be diffused throughout.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. spread or diffuse through
Latin pervādere : per-, through; see per- + vādere, to go.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)