from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A period of ten years.
- n. A group or series of ten.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A series of ten Hail Marys in the rosary.
- n. The interval between any two quantities having the ratio 10 to 1.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A group or division of ten; esp., a period of ten years; a decennium
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See decad.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a period of 10 years
- n. the cardinal number that is the sum of nine and one; the base of the decimal system
Middle English, a group of ten, from Old French, from Late Latin decas, decad-, from Greek dekas, from deka, ten; see dekm̥ in Indo-European roots.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
From Middle English, from Middle French decade, from Late Latin decas ("(set of) ten"), from Ancient Greek δέκας (dékas), from δέκα (déka, "ten") (Wiktionary)