from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A coin formerly used in Germany equal to 1/100 of the deutsche mark.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One one-hundredth of the former German mark (Deutsche Mark).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small copper coin of Germany. It is the hundredth part of a mark, or about a quarter of a cent in United States currency.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A small copper coin, the one-hundredth part of a mark. It is equal in value to about one fourth of a United States cent.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. 100 pfennigs formerly equaled 1 Deutsche Mark in Germany
German, from Middle High German pfennic, from Old High German pfenning.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)