from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One who steals from pockets.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who steals from the pocket of a passerby, usually by sleight of hand.
- v. To pick pockets; to steal.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who steals purses or other articles from pockets.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who picks pockets; one who steals, or makes a practice of stealing, from the pockets of others.
- n. A plant, chiefly the shepherd's-purse: so called from its impoverishing the soil. Also pickpurse.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a thief who steals from the pockets or purses of others in public places
From pick + pocket. (Wiktionary)