from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A woman regarded as slovenly or untidy; a slattern.
- n. A strumpet.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A woman held by others as retaining a vulgar and discourteous disposition.
- n. A strumpet, a whore
- v. to act in a sluggish or slovenly manner
- v. to dangle soggily : become bedraggled
- v. to behave like a trollop
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A stroller; a loiterer; esp., an idle, untidy woman; a slattern; a slut; a whore.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To draggle; hang in a wet state.
- To walk or work in a slovenly manner.
- n. A loose, hanging rag.
- n. A woman who is slovenly in dress, appearance, or habits; a slattern; a draggletail; also, a woman morally loose.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a woman adulterer
- n. a dirty untidy woman
Perhaps from troll1, to roll about, wallow.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Origin uncertain; apparently connected with troll. (Wiktionary)