from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- interj. Used to express disdain.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- interj. An expression of disdain.
- n. A sibilant noise (e.g. "psshh") made by birders and ornithologists to attract small birds.
- v. To try to attract birds by making a sibilant noise (e.g. "psshh").
- v. To express contempt.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- interj. An exclamation of contempt.
- intransitive v. To express contempt.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- An exclamation of contempt.
- To express contempt by or as by the exclamation “Pish!”
- To say “Pish!” to.
Sorry, no etymologies found.